In my role as Product Manager, I define, specify and optimize features for the business’ products, as well as monitor the performance of new and existing capabilities. Some of the relevant initiatives I led include:
• Development process improvements: drove the increased adoption of agile development practices, including the push to a “Continuous Delivery” model and the use of “Kanban” for work planning and prioritization, as well as test automation. To this date, this initiative has resulted in a two-fold increase in the frequency of software releases to production, with an end goal of on-demand releases. I also manage the development process workflows in JIRA.
• Email optimization: specified and oversaw the creation of various improvements to email management and reporting features, email deliverability and email content leading to a substantial increase in email traffic to the business’ properties.
• Internationalization: oversaw the effort of making our product available in multiple languages. This included preparing the product for translation and localization, integrating a translation platform and creating a gamification component to engage translators (in development).
• Fake user detection: defined the concept and led the development of a “legitimacy score” for detecting fake users in a social discovery site.
• Business metrics monitoring: drove the adoption of a set of tools across various teams to measure business metrics, including pushing for the instrumentation of our codebase using statsd, metrics charting with Graphite, dashboards with Team Dashboard and alerting with Seyren.